Matt's Marketing Flop of the Month
People love horror stories, and what could be more horror-filled than a marketing and advertising campaign gone bad... horribly... BAD?
For your reading pleasure, I present my list of Marketing Flops of the Month.
Now, I'm not going to sit here and recommend what each of these organizations should have done in the interest of avoiding disaster. After all, some of these marketing tonics were concocted by some of the greatest marketing and advertising chemists of our time. But alas, all great quarterbacks eventually throw a game-losing interception to the competition, and sometimes failure can be just as entertaining as success.
So, while this website is filled with tales from the marketing greats, I hope you'll enjoy these tales from the marketing crypt. Enjoy!
Don't compete — DOMINATE.
This Month's Marketing Flop
Imagine browsing through Facebook, and seeing a video a friend of yours shared. You click the link simply to see what it's all about, only to discover a racist, hateful tirade from some disturbed individual, and an ad for...
Full List of Marketing Flops
- YouTube Pisses Off (and loses) Advertisers
- Pepsi Pisses Off Black Lives Matter
- Target Closes All of Its Stores in Canada
- Advair: Marketing Leads to $3 Billion in Fines
- LifeLock: CEO Gives Away Social Security #
- Gawker: Body Slammed by Hulk Hogan
- General Motors: Pricing Mistake Sinks Future Sales
- J.C. Penney: Sales Plummet After Trying to Fool Google
- Miracle Mattress: Makes a Joke of 9/11
- Little Caesars: From #2 to #4 in Pizza
- American Airlines: Paying to Fly Customers
- Netflix: Prices Rise, Value Plunges
- Burger King: Case of the Creepy Mascot
- McDonald's & 1984 Olympics
- New Coke: If It's Not Broke, Don't...