Don Shipley is a former Navy SEAL, and current business owner. His services is a training facility for men looking to join the Navy SEALs in the future, and other folks looking to surgically inject some blood, sweat and testosterone into their mundane routines
So, what do you think Don's marketing strategy is to sell his services?
Here are a few guesses from a client I mentor:
- Does he write and post a blog on his SEAL experiences? Not really.
- Does he post pictures of his time in the SEALs? No, not too much.
- Then what the hell does he do?
Are you ready for this brilliance in marketing?
Don Shipley posts weekly videos where he films himself calling and embarrassing phoney Navy SEALs.
These phonies are apparently identified by their own friends, co-workers and acquaintances who decided to call Don to see if the guy they know, bragging at the water cooler every day, is really a hero or a fraud.
Don can usually bring these frauds down in a single question or two.
For example, here's an excerpt from one of his several videos:
Yup , it's that good.
What is even more entertaining is his charming wife who takes part in the videos and makes the burly combat tested SEAL look more like a humble husband who forgot to leave the toilet seat down -- comedic is an understatement.
So, what Don has done here with his Social Media is a few things:
- He's branded himself online as an expert Navy SEAL
- His website appears on the 1st page of Google for the keyword "Navy SEAL Training", a marketing milestone most likely envied by every former SEAL looking to earn some income
- He's created entertaining content anyone researching Navy SEALs will surely find and enjoy
- He's attracted tons of media attention, and as a result, has been the subject of several interviews relating to SEALs in general
- He has the ability to create demand for his services within those who enjoy his videos, as well as get in front of every young punk or old fart looking to do some cool SEAL stuff
The genius in what Don is doing is it's entertaining, and that's why he's getting so much online popularity.
The bottom line is Don has created an ingenious content marketing strategy that drives seemingly free, mass attention for his services, and respect for his brand.
Wanna train like a SEAL, with SEALs? Join Don here: http://www.extremesealexperience.com/Don't compete — DOMINATE.
More Marketing Campaigns of the Month
Rita's Water Ice kicks off every first day of Spring with their annual giving away of one regular sized Water Ice to everybody who stops by a Rita's Water Ice vendor. So you may be wondering how this is a good marketing tactic? After-all, that is...
In the early 1990s, New York City was on the verge of total anarchy, Rates of murder, assault, rape and vandalism were at an all-time high, and the NYPD's budget could not be increased to get new officers, cruisers or equipment. Then in February,...
Get My Free Updates
Matt Steffen was listed by Forbes as the #1 Consultant Who Avoids the B.S."