Marketing a NJ Defense Attorney Online
First, you need to have a website. A website is the modern business card - a virtual platform of credibility - except your business card has the potential to be seen by hundreds of thousands of people each year.
Twenty years ago, I would advise a defense attorney in New Jersey to start marketing their law firm by having a yellow pages ad, perhaps a billboard and naturally a "1-800" number that was memorable. Today, the internet supplies all of the client traffic you will ever need, and your website can be the destination. So, the question is:
How do you make your website the destination for people looking for your legal services online?
Let's take a step back and look at things from your future clients' perspective, shall we?
Tim is questioned on an assault accusation that occurred in a bar two weeks prior. The officers tell him he could be indicted, and so naturally he is very concerned and realizes he must do something. He doesn't have any friends who have been arrested, so he has nobody to turn to.
As a result of living a great deal of his life on social utilities such as Facebook, Google and YouTube, Tim turns to the internet for help. He knows he needs an attorney close to where he lives, so he Google's:
"Camden County defense attorney for assault charge."
Now, when I Google this keyword, the following page appears first in the organic (not paid-for) listings: http://www.tandtlawoffices.com/criminal-law.html. Now, you'll notice when you look at this page, it is optimized for several high value keywords relating to that firm's operational and geographical scope. For example: "Cherry Hill Criminal Law Firm." Now, if I had a law firm marketing client in that area, naturally we would dominate this website for that keyword like a baboon on Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. However we aren't... yet!
Nevertheless, this page is doing a good job of ranking for several valuable, revenue-producing keywords. Now I want you to start ranking for some revenue-producing keywords as well with regard to your criminal law practice.
Marketing a NJ Defense Attorney Online in 4 Easy Steps
- Select Keywords: What I want you to do first is create a list of keywords. How you will choose these keywords is to list each respective legal defense service you offer to each area your represent. I actually created a while back just for sh*ts and giggs: Click Here. For example: DUI law firm in Barrington, sexual assault attorneys in Atlantic County, etc.
- Measure Volume: Once you have a good list of keywords, next I want you to click here to prioritize where you place each keyword based on monthly volume. Place the highest volume keywords on your homepage, and blog using them as well (see step 4).
- Insert Keywords: Once you have this list, go into your website and start inserting a keyword into each page. Also, ensure you are creating new pages for each additional keyword. Do not attempt to stuff all of your keywords onto one page! However, you can use 2-3 on your homepage because this page will incidentally get the majority of external linkage which increases the SEO of that page.
- Content Marketing: Now that you have optimized your static pages for your chosen keywords, next you can start conducting content marketing for your legal defense firm. So here are the steps to create blogs that will be found by new clients online:
- Select keyword
- Place keyword into a larger phrase (title of a blog post) that will be Google'd by a future client. Ex. "Prison time for sexual assault in NJ."' Don't forget that some prospective clients will have questions about their case before they directly seek out an attorney. You ensure you answer their questions which will make you their go-to lawyer once they commit.
- Create a content marketing calendar. Here you want to prioritize what day you will be composing which articles.
That's about it for right now. Call me if you need help.
We create and execute a customized marketing system to increase your sales and nobody does it better.Don't compete — DOMINATE.