Today I want to give you 7 great tips and tricks you can begin using to increase your email list, and convert more recipients into paying customers.
- Always strike a balance between sending promotional emails, and advice emails. I like to send advice emails on a consistent basis, so I can really dominate the mind space of the people in my list as my contact with them is like clockwork. Then I like to send them promotional emails when I have an innovative marketing service I would like to offer them. This maximizes the amount of value they get, and the likelihood they will like, trust and rely on you for assistance regarding your industry.
- Always use a P.S. at the bottom of your email. People always read them, and it's a great way to get them looking forward to your next email.
- A quick way to build your email list is to promote a very useful eBook to people within your target market using Facebook. Ensure the promotional link goes to a landing page on your website where you will collect their first name and email in exchange for the eBook.
- Always address each email recipient using their first name. For example: "Good morning John,." This can easily be accomplished with a shortcode using the email system you're working with. After all, "A person's own name is the sweetest sound in the English language." -Dale Carnegie.
- Always use a friendly, conversational tone. Write your emails as if you're talking to a friend. I don't care whether you're an attorney, Physics Professor, engineer or the FBI, a warm friendly tone helps get people to do exactly what you need them to do, which of course is the point of sending email in the first place.
- Experiment to determine the best day and time to reach your audience. You should also be continually experimenting with headlines, body content, calls-to-action, images, and any other element you use in emails to get people to open, and buy your stuff.
- People ALWAYS read the captions underneath images. So, this is a great place to put information you really want to convey to them. A call-to-action works well here, as well as the key benefit of the product/service you're trying to sell.
Don't compete — DOMINATE.
More Email Marketing Advice
This post is geared toward small business owners in South Jersey looking to select a good South Jersey marketing agency in the interest of increasing your revenue. Ask People You Trust I'd say the #1 way to select a good marketing agency is...
Let's take a look at some colors, and what they mean to your marketing and advertising materials. Orange: Aggressiveness, used as a call-to-action and attention grabber. Red: Increases energy. Increases heart rate and...
Get My Free Updates
Matt Steffen was Listed by Forbes as the #1 Marketing Consultant Who Avoids the B.S.