- Get people's attention with your site content and images.
- Generate interest in your brand.
- Foster desire by creating demand.
- Create a strong call-to-action by encouraging viewers to contact you directly.
- Create blog content that your target market will find useful, and encourage questions and comments.
- Create a monthly newsletter, allow visitors to sign up for it with a form, and use it to get your target market to know, like and trust you.
- Author an e-book and trade it for people's emails. Use your email list to promote latest products and offerings.
- Make it as easy as possiblefor people to:
- Contact you directly
- Buy from you directly
- Get all of their questions answered
- Have all of their reservations addressed
- Promote free offerings in the interest of starting a relationship with prospective customers/clients.
- Minimize the size of your forms. I've seen forms with 20 questions. Why don't you just ask your client/customer to do your taxes?
- Don't ask people to contact you in your call-to-actions - tell them. For example, Contact Us, Get a Free Quote Now, Fill out this Form.
- Use familiar language. All to often I see crafty creative type people using fancy phrases and words to seem progressive and cerebral. For example, I have seen a website's 'About Us' page labeled as 'Rats' (can't make this stuff up). It is not only a major turnoff, it also shows your audience that you value individualism over their ability to easily navigate through your site. Read Habit by Charles Duhigg.
- Be a shameless promoter. Sing your own praises over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Ensure you emphasize the value you provide and not the services you undertake. Yes Imprinsic does SEO, but all you'll hear us talk about is getting businesses more customers. Don't talk about the grill, tell them how good the burger will taste.
It's Friday night, so have a great weekend!Don't compete — DOMINATE.
More Digital Marketing Advice
The goal of Search Engine Optimization is to ensure people find your website when looking for the stuff that you sell online. That's it, and nothing more. Billions of words have been written about SEO, but the...
Some of you may be wondering why you should blog. Well, let's go through the numbers: Search engine optimization is everything you do to your website internally that increases its potential to rank higher on search...